THe Far North Queensland Hospital Foundation is a local Cairns charity that has supported the Cairns and Hinterland Hospital and Health Service since 1997. Funds raised go towards supporting health services across the region.
Far North Queensland is a unique region and encompasses Cairns and Hinterland, Cape York and the Torres Strait Islands, with a combined population of more than 270,000. The Foundation provides funding to all areas of health care to provide equipment, education and training and support research and development of the Cairns Hospital and the region.
Our Key Achievements
- Bought more than $14 million worth of equipment since inception in 1997
- Supported $80,000 worth of research since 2011
- Supported development of the Cardiac Care Unit
- Instrumental in decision to bring the Pet-Scanner to Cairns including the significant $700,000 contribution
- Contributed $1.6 million to on an innovative integrated Electronic Medical Record and patient television system
- Contributed $1.25 million to a state-of-the-art paediatric playground overlooking the picturesque Cairns Esplanade.
- Because we have DGR Status 1, meaning other trusts and foundations can make donations directly to us.
- Because every cent donated to us goes to its intended cause - all our administrative costs are covered by our commercial operations.
- Because every cent donated to us, stays local.