1. Name: Fay Jeffrey
2. Age: 76
3. Have you always lived in FNQ? If not, where did you come from and how long have you been here: I have been in Cairns since 1975, I came from Sydney.
4. Volunteer role: Information desk
5. How long have you been volunteering with us: 10 years
6. How did you come to start volunteering with us: After I retired from work, Tony Franz told me about the Hospital Foundation.
7. Star sign: Libra
8. Interest, hobbies, past-times: flower arrangements
9. Tell us about your family – kids, grandkids, great grandkids? Two children, six grandchildren.
10. What do you do with yourself when you are not helping us? Relax at home, seeing friends.
11. Are you retired? If so, what did you do before leaving the workforce? I worked at the Imperial Hotel for one year, then Coles in Abbott Street for eight years, had a small shop for two years, two years at Tradewinds, 15 years High Chapparal, 10 years at Sunshine Towers Hotel.
12. What do you enjoy about volunteering with us? I like working with the girls, meeting lots of people from different countries and helping them.
14. Do you have any funny tales about volunteering with us? One day a lady asked for the seventh floor and I explained there was no seventh floor. She did not believe me until she took the lift!